Principal: Scott M. Hughes
Admin. Intern: Suzanne Dixon
Main Office: 801-402-1750
Office Hours: 8:15 am - 3:45 pm
Office Manager: Crystal Hunter
Registration questions? Contact Crystal at: email@example.com
LEA-SPECIFIC LICENSES FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR
- This school employs individuals holding an LEA-specific educator license, license areas, and/or endorsements
- The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e.-elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e.-mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
- Percentage of the FTE that is fully qualified for their assignment: Fully qualified means the educator has a current professional license and professional license areas and endorsements for their assignments.
- Percentage of FTE that is partially qualified for their assignment: Partially Qualified means the educator has an associate license/license area or endorsement in their assignment. This includes professionally licensed educators who have received associate level license area/endorsements.
- Percentage of FTE that is not qualified for their assignment: This includes educators without a current license, educators teaching on an LEA specific or a professional or associate educator teaching outside their area. All LEA specific licenses fall into this category.
- As of 11/16/21, this school employs educators with the following types of licensure:
- Fully Qualified – 97%
- Partially Qualified – 0%
- Not Qualified – 3%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch
The purpose of Reading Elementary is to promote the mission of learning first for all. To accomplish our purpose, we are committed to:
- teaching grade-level Davis Essential Skills and Knowledge (DESK) standards to mastery
- holding high expectations of teachers and students
- providing a welcoming and safe environment for all students, teachers and stakeholders
- partnering with our community to provide excellent educational opportunities for all students
Lucile C. Reading Elementary is located in north Centerville. The student population is approximately 470 children. LC Reading Elementary enrolls students from the south end of Farmington and the northernmost part of Centerville. LC Reading Elementary is known for high student achievement. Standardized testing scores are consistently above both state and district average. Students excel due to outstanding teachers working closely with supportive parents. Students come well-prepared to meet challenging academic expectations. In addition to academic excellence, there is a strong emphasis on helping every child excel socially and emotionally. The PTA is a strong force within the school and provides support to parents, students and administration.
The school’s mascot is a Wrangler and our school colors are blue, red and white. Students at Reading love to come to school because they feel safe here. Adults throughout the school are here to support and care for them as they continue to learn and grow. We anticipate fostering success for every student, including academic achievement, development of strong character traits, talents and self-confidence. We invite you to come along and enjoy the fun! It's going to be a great year at Reading Elementary School!